Everyday Beauty Hacks You Should Know (& Use)

In Tips & Tricks, Uncategorized

Going to keep this short, sweet and to the point. Here are some everyday beauty hacks that I use that keep me happy, healthy, and on the move.

Everyday Beauty Hacks

If you have a pimple.

• If you pop a zit (which we all do), use Neosporin to heal it. It will heal up within a day.
  • Lemon juice dries out zits. Apply a light amount of lemon juice to a Q-tip, then apply directly to the spot. Dries up zits within 10 minutes.
    • If you don’t want to pop them, do lemon juice. Should dry it up fully within a day or so.

If you want to grow your lashes.

• Use coconut oil to grow your lashes. If you apply a light amount using a Q-tip every night (after removing your mascara), it will nourish your lashes.
  • Take Biotin. This is the supplement that helps your body have healthy hair, skin, and nails. It honestly works wonders.

If you want to go natural.

• Coconut oil can also be used as a makeup remover. Double whammy for removing makeup, as well as, nourishing your skin.
  • Honey is a great addition to your hair routine (it makes it shiny) and also heals cuts as well. Nature’s natural remedy.

If you are feeling sick.

• Have a spoonful of honey every day, specifically Manuka Honey. This kind of honey is from New Zealand and is pure, without any added sugars (I see you bear honey jars). It’s full of antioxidants and the high pollen count will also help improve your immune system. You can order it online or pick it up at any health food store.
  • Pop some Oscillococcinum. This is a homeopathic remedy for sore throats and impending sickness. Take some every 6 hours for a day or so and I promise you, any sickness you feel, will be gone.

Honestly, all of these hacks keep me happy, healthy, and my skin looking fierce. Though having a great skincare routine helps as well, and certainly makes it easy when I have to do my makeup. Do you have any hacks that you swear by?

xo,

Katelyn

Recommended Posts
Showing 21 comments
  • Crystal

These are awesome tips. I knew about honey, but had no idea about the neosporin

• Katelyn McCullough

Yes! It’s honestly the best thing I have ever used when dealing with pimples. Works like a charm. xo

• Johanna

Love these tips and tricks! Had no clue on the coconut oil for lashes. May I have to try that…. <3 Great words of wisdom love.

• Katelyn McCullough

Thank you!! Yeah it works great and is much cheaper too than any other product you may buy 😉

• Becky

Love these hacks! Coconut oil for the win! I slather that stuff all over myself 😀

• Katelyn McCullough

Oh you go girl! It’s so good for everything!

• ANA ABRAHAM

These are awesome hacks, didn’t know coconut oil would help grow lashes. I had a good amount of lashes until I would pull them out.

• Katelyn McCullough

Oh yeah definitely try the coconut oil! It should help a lot and Biotin! xoxo

• Melissa

YES!! Love using coconut oil on my lashes- it has made such a difference!

• Katelyn McCullough

Oh good! I am so glad to hear that!! xo

• Shannon

Currently sick and I’m going to try to follow your two sick curing tips. I’ve already got the honey on hand.

• Katelyn McCullough

Yes!! Try them and let me know what you think! You should feel much better soon! xo

• Kayla Illies

These are AWESOME tips!!!! Love the coconut oil on the lashes! Definitely trying that and I had no idea about lemon juice drying out pimples! Thanks for sharing girlie!

• Katelyn McCullough

You are so welcome! Let me know what you think after you try it! xo

• Angela

Thanks for the beauty hacks, I had no idea lemon juice dries pimples! Game Changer.

• Katelyn McCullough

Yessss! It’s so good! Literally has gotten rid of some of my pimples within a few hours. Perfect before any event! xo

• Tiffany

I’ve never tried the lemon juice, can’t wait to try it out and great tips!!

• Katelyn McCullough

Thank you! Let me know what you think when you do! xo

• Willow

Thank you for the tips! I already do some of this, but not all. I’m a seriel pimple popper… will try to restrain myself and use lemon juice next time (or neosporin after if I can’t hold back, haha!)

• Katelyn McCullough

Yes! I am the same way, so Neosporin certainly saves my face after I can’t resist the urge. 😉

pingbacks / trackbacks